Disney+ Unveils Slate of New Content Premiering on Friday as Part of Disney+ Day Celebration
Ahead of Disney+ Day this Friday, November 12, The Walt Disney Company announced new company-wide promotions and additional content premiering this Friday to kick off the celebration of the Disney+ global community. To thank fans for their support over the past two years, Disney+ subscribers can enjoy special benefits including additional time at Disney Parks around the world, shopDisney deals, access to fan-favourite content, exclusive first-looks on platform, and more. For those looking to join the Disney+ community, starting today through Monday, November 15, new and eligible returning subscribers can get their first month of Disney+ for $1.99.
“Since launching two years ago, Disney+ has captured the hearts and imaginations of audiences around the world with its best-in-class originals and robust library of beloved films and series,” said Kareem Daniel, Chairman, Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution. “With Disney+ Day, we are creating an unparalleled experience for our subscribers as only The Walt Disney Company can.”
Disney+ Premieres, First Looks, and More
Disney+ subscribers will also be treated to exclusive on-platform specials from Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, and other surprise sneak peeks.
Additional new and beloved fan-favourite content will make its Disney+ streaming debuts on November 12, including:
- A new documentary titled The Making of Happier than Ever: A Love Letter to Los Angeles about Billie Eilish’s recent Disney+ cinematic concert experience
- Marvel Assembled: The Making of Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings, a docu-special chronicling the creation of the recent Marvel Studios’ theatrical release
- Marvel Studios Legends: Hawkeye, an episode that revisits all of Hawkeye’s epic moments from the MCU in preparation for the upcoming Disney+ Original Series
- The live-action/animated musical fantasy romantic comedy film Enchanted from 2007, starring Amy Adams and Patrick Dempsey
- All episodes of Fancy Nancy season 3, which will launch day and date with its premiere on Disney Junior in the US.
- These titles join previously announced Disney+ Day premieres including Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings, Jungle Cruise, Home Sweet Home Alone, Olaf Presents, Ciao Alberto, The Simpsons in Plusaversary, The World According to Jeff Goldblum, Under the Helmet: The Legacy of Boba Fett, Marvel Studios’ 2021 Disney+ Day Special.
On Saturday, November 13 at 3:00am NZDT, fans can follow along with @DisneyPlus on Facebook, and Instagram for new trailers, exclusive clips, and appearances from Disney+ creators and stars for upcoming content from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and Star.
Disney+ Day Limited Offer and Promotions
To celebrate the first two years of the service and all the new content to come, Disney+ is inviting fans to join the community with a special, limited-time offer. From now until Monday, November 15, 8:59pm NZDT, new and eligible returning subscribers can get one month of Disney+ for $1.99 (then $11.99/mo.) by signing up at www.DisneyPlus.com/DisneyPlusDay and join in on all of the Disney+ Day celebrations. Additional terms apply.
Disney and VeVe, the largest mobile-first digital collectible platform, have announced a collaboration to launch a series of NFTs featuring beloved and iconic characters from some of its fan-favourite properties. “Golden Moments,” gives fans the opportunity to purchase digital golden statues inspired by stories from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and The Simpsons. New digital collectibles were available daily starting November 7 and will culminate on Disney+ Day, with a special Ultra Rare digital collectible.
Fans can also tune in to the Disney+ Day celebration on TikTok where Disney+ has launched an official account. The streaming service’s new TikTok will be home to unique short-form content featuring the iconic Disney+ stories, brands, and characters. Follow @DisneyPlus on TikTok today for new content all week leading up to Disney+ Day.
Visit www.DisneyPlus.com/DisneyPlusDay to follow along all week as The Walt Disney Company comes together for Disney+ Day.
Image: Walt Disney Pictures